Friday, June 15, 2007

Live from Kakamega

This just in from G-Train:

Your intrepid correspondent is reporting from the awesomely named
Kakamega, Kenya (makes me think of dropping the foodbabies off at the
pool), about to head off blindly into a rain forest. Just spent a few
days in the Masai Mara and Serengeti, which is almost as wild as an
evening at Wendy's with David Hasslehoff.


"Is that a chilipeno? Holy crap!"
Giraffes get their first taste of the G-Train.



OK, for the record, going on Safari in Africa is some Jurassic Park
shit. After seeing lions, cheetahs, and giraffes come out of nowhere
like 5 feet away from me for 4 days, I'd only be kinda surprised if a
dinosaur popped out from behind a bush and snatched up a unicorn in
its jaws. Besides the huge baboon that kept coming into camp and
barking at us for food like a needy little diva, the coolest thing I
saw was a standoff between a herd of elephants and a pride of lions.
It was like Westside Story, except here the Jets and Sharks actually
eat each other.


Artist's rendering


I'm filthy, scruffy, and extremely sunburnt. Which means I'm the same
as I normally am, except the sunburnt bit, I guess.

More soon. Smell you later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home