Friday, July 15, 2005

Shepherd to Lost Sheep: Cooter Comes Out Swingin'

Ben Jones, aka Cooter from Dukes of Hazzard, and now owner of Cooter's Place in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, is calling for fans of the original Dukes TV show to boycott the new Dukes movie.


"Like you, I haven't seen the film, but I have read the script, I've talked to a lot of people who worked on the set, and I've seen the raunchy t.v. commercial. Frankly, I think the whole project shows an arrogant disrespect for our show, for our cast, for America's families, and for the sensibilities of the heartland of our country. Unless they clean it up before the August 5th release date I would strongly recommend that true blue Dukes fans hold their noses and pass this one up."

Damn. Spoken like a true Representative of the American peoples. You can read the full extent of Cooter's diss here.


I myself am pissed about the movie for one reason only (well, aside from the whole trend of Hollywood destroying every last one of our cherished childhood TV shows): not that they have Jessica Simpson playing Daisy, but that she's freakin' BLONDE. That's just wrong. Daisy was an inspiration for brunette little girls across the land. Inspiring us to what, I'm not quite sure, I just remember I idolized Daisy almost as much as Princess Leia when I was growing up. But Jessica Simpson? Please.


Kind of surprised that our good friend Willie would take part in a project that had the power to rile Cooter up so much, but hey, it's Willie. He was probably just honored to be asked to play the part of wise old Uncle Jesse, and to have the chance to drive the Midnight Runner. That car was Bad Ass.

2 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daisy was country. Jessica is white trash. There is not a fine line between the two, there is a bold face line the size of the chinese wall between the two.

Need proof? (of course not, but here it is anyway): Jessica to Adopt Baby?

Now THAT'S white trash for ya.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger stefbot said...

"Say that reminds me, how'd you get that kid so darn fast? Me and Dot went in to adopt on account a' somethin' went wrong with my semen, and they said we had to wait five years for a healthy white baby. I said, "Healthy white baby? Five years? What else you got?" Said they got two Koreans and a negra born with his heart on the outside. It's a crazy world." (Raising Arizona)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home