Thursday, July 14, 2005

"Cheerleaders are dancers who have gone retarded...Follow me, or perish, sweater monkeys."

OK, so everyone's favorite high school DJ, aka DingDong, came home from Amoeba last night with Fannypack's new album (which, based on a very brief listen, is great). "Have you heard about my new favorite genre?" he asks me, dropping the cd in my boombox, "It's called 'Cheer Hop'."


That's right. Cheer Hop.

If you want to know what the hell DingDong is talking about, good luck, and let me know when you find out...um, I mean, come to the Bunnycamp Fundraiser tonight at Sublounge. Don't be late, cuz he's playing at 9.

For the record, you heard it here first. Cheer Hop is the new Breaks.



P.S. And honestly, wouldn't all you fellas prefer to see your lady friends dressed up like clean, cute, perky cheer-tators, rather than those crusty, dreadlocked El Circo clones?

4 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger Jess said...

(Do Your Thing Baby!)
I said: brr... it's cold in here
there must be some Clovers in the at-mos-phere

I said: brr... it's cold in here
there must be some Clovers in the at-mos-phere

I said: oh e oh e oh
ice ice ice

Slow it down!
(slower)
oh e oh e oh
ice ice ice

Here we go!

(funk song begins)

I said: brr... it's cold in here
there must be some Toros in the at-mos-phere

I said: brr... it's cold in here
there must be some Toros in the atmosphere

I said: oh e oh e oh
ice ice ice

oh e oh e oh
ice ice ice

Here we go!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger stefbot said...

yeah, but can you tell one breaks song from another these days? give me a good 'ole cheer hop anthem any day. i said BRRRRR!

 
At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you like Cheer Hop: The Go! Team is a band right up this alley that i don't think about too often because they really have to be experienced live to be fully appreciated (although the album they released last year is pretty damn good too (Pitchfork gave it an 8.7)). And they're playing Bimbos this Wednesday! They are seriously frickin awesome. Amazing musicians who mix 70's funk, early hiphop, electro, bollywood, cheerleader chants and heavy doses of the aesthetic of 80's tv show theme music and put on an awesome show. Check out some tracks on their website. C'mon, you know you want to.

I hate to be a cheertator, I know this is a cheerocracy, but if you have any inclination to see a completely unique live show we should round up a posse and go. I'll just not eat at all this weekend to save the $14 I'll spend on a ticket.

Plus, Bimbos is cool.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger stefbot said...

i'm ready to deal with the cheeronsequences. let's do it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home