Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Playing with dead things



This is the coolest use of dead animals I've seen since Stef's 4th of July BBQ. The Dutch artist Afke Goldsteijn creates works that are a gorgeous use of natural materials, in this case the carcasses of rabbits, mice, birds, and even a lioness. She calls them "contemporary fairytales," and they are, in my humble opinion, an incredibly respectful way to honor the original inhabitants of the artist's medium.

(via Cool Hunting)

Of course, it's hard to say that her works are cooler than this Squirrel Liquor Decanter, which according to Jeffro I can expect to be the proud owner of come my next birthday. Now that's art.

And, on that note, check out the boner on this guy. Oh, god, I kill me. And that, my friends, is what we call the double pun dismount.

3 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why must she use a bunny? Why?

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shhh, it's ok. The bunny is only sleeping. Sleeping quietly and peacefully. Bunnies like to sleep on the side of the road. It's perfectly natural. Sometimes they get too drunk to make it all the way home so they sleep on the shoulder.

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, KC. You got my shoulder anytime.
You know, ladies, that means one shoulder is still available. The bed is large, the shoulder is warm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home