Sunday, July 08, 2007

Hey, Here's an Idea

I want to pop out behind somebody at a bus station, all rumpled clothing and bloodshot eyes, grab the person and frantically ask, "Please. There's not much time. H-how many of us are left?" and then, "Wait, what year is this?!" When she tells me it's 2007, I'll close my eyes and whisper "Oh my God, They did it. They really did it!" Then I'd give her a big bear hug, laughing and screaming into the sky "It worked!!" before bounding away, enthusiastically hi-fiving every person I pass.

Just an idea.

5 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Jess said...

I love this guy! Fresh off the plane, and the first thing he does is post on the blog.

Welcome home, G-Train. We missed you!!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger G-Train said...

I missed me too. I know i've been gone for years, but it's only been weeks for you guys here on earth. Special relativity rocks. What year is this?

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger snarkycat said...

so that's what you were doing all that time while i was waiting for you at LAX!!! damn.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger jeffro said...

Been there. Done that. Still have the orange jumpsuit.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Mr. E Hz said...

This is the kind of thing that needs to happen more often these days. I once did something similar to this, but I don't think I can do the moment justice with only the written word. I can tell you this: it did involve a weekday, a bottle of cheap champagne in each of my hands (a couple in my system as well), a jerri-curl wig dripping activator, a mouth full of gold teeth and a cigarette dangling out of my mouth. Greeting early morning joggers while trying to convince them to give up and have a drink and a smoke in honor of "all the one's that got away" has never been so fun

 

Post a Comment

<< Home