Tuesday, July 03, 2007

HAH-HA!

So I'm working late (again) when the need for caffeine hits like the unwanted hug of an overweight, over-emotional Aunt at Christmas time. I stumble out of the office and into my car to begin searching for the nearest source of Columbia's second largest export. Every place is closed. Isn't this Los Angeles?!! Starbucks is damn near saturation level in this city and I can't find a fuckin' coffee!?! Needless to say, frustration is meeting desperation when I see this:


Needless to say I think that the late nights have finally encroached too much on my grey matter. This and the unexpected crowd of people at a 7-11 at 2AM... honestly, it really freaked me out. I love Springfield as much as any other three fingered, bug-eyed American, but there is no need for it to jump up and bitch slap me in the middle of the freakin' night.


I push my way through a throng of post-teens waiting near a "Squichee" machine like it's churning out iPhones, walk past a case of Buzz Cola near a life-size Chief Wiggum and finally get my coffee.

And then I get the hell_out_of_there.



After all of that crap and I couldn't even get a Duff...

2 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Yeah, pretty brilliant little move on 7-11's part. I particularly like the "They don't call them don't-nuts!" sign over the donut display.

Still, you really could've avoided all that if you'd only gone for Columbia's first largest export. It's probably a lot easier to find in LA at 2 am, anyway.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger stefbot said...

shit, how fun would it be to take someone who didn't know about this cuz they'd been out of the country, like chad, get him sooooper high, and take him to one of the kwik-e-marts?

i hope they're still around by the time he gets back, cuz i'm totally gonna do that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home