Friday, June 16, 2006

If you wanna bride...

Bride the white pony. That's what I'll be doing tomorrow night at the Cloud Factory Design Collective fashion show at Studio Z. Jerome the U.G. and Brownhole will be starring as the pony, and Crouch, Feinberg and Mahnaz will be starring as horsey bitchez in cute little jockey outfits. No, not like Jockey underwear, more like this.

I'm very psyched for the show, even though I'm also very stressed out over it. It's just such a great feeling once the show starts and the audience starts roaring, and then in a blink of an eye it's all over - it's such a rush, and a huge release. Also I think the outfits I made this year turned out really cute - I'd never worked with stretch satin before and I am amazed at how well everything turned out. Oh and stretch satin makes the ladies' asses look HOT! Afterwards DingDong is playing, and that's always fun, so stick around and get drunk with us. I mean drunker. (You think we can actually get out on that runway even remotely sober?)

In related news (on both the white pony and fashion model tips), our gal Kate Moss was acquitted of the cocaine charges, due to lack of forensic evidence (what, no lines drawn on the floor?). As Jess so astutely pointed out, Kate was clever enough to hide all the forensic evidence in her nose. Good lookin' out, Kate.

Incidentally I glanced at the Yahoo news headlines earlier this week and read "Moss extract being tested as Alzheimer's drug" and for a second I thought they were talking about Kate Moss. Not much left to extract out of that girl, I'm afraid.

And on an unrelated note, we have this little screen in the elevators in our building that provide random news tidbits and factoids so you don't have to stare at your reflection in the shiny doors (although I do that anyways), and this morning it said some study has shown that happiness actually increases with age, even though both young and old expect otherwise. Seems to me that this might have less to do with age and more to do with letting go of lofty expectations and just enjoying being alive.

5 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...unless enjoying being alive IS a lofty expectation, in which case $#*%.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger stefbot said...

hmm, now would that be jeffro or eeyore barringer? let me know cuz whoever it is, i saw something yesterday that i have to get you for life enjoyment inspiration.

 
At 1:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't a boy be anonymous once in awhile? is this crowd really too small to get lost in?

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Jess said...

You know, Jeffro, I prefer to think that we actually have a readership in the hundred-thousands, but that they are all just really, really shy about commenting.

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So where's the 'life enjoyment inspiration' that was promised me? It's not a plastic bag floating in the wind, is it? That so doesn't do it for me anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home