Monday, June 05, 2006

The "real" crackberry

You know when it's too hot to move? When all you can do is lie there in star formation (no arms or legs touching any other part of your body) and wait for that magical hour in the day when the weather turns from unbearably hot to warm summer evening?

Well, I suppose you guys up in San Fran might have forgotten by now what I'm talking about, but it was that hot down here over the weekend. Maybe I'm the only one, but I just can't eat when it's that hot. I especially don't even want to think about eating hot food. That's why on Saturday I found myself repeating this process over and over: 1) complain to roommate about how hot it is 2) notice that I'm really hungry 3) walk to fridge 4) groan at the thought of preparing and eating food 5) close fridge and walk back to papasan 6) mention to roommate that it is very hot today.

Then Greg showed up. Now that Greg is leaving I suppose Stef and I can sing his praises and finally admit that he's an alright guy. Not only is he an alright guy, but he has excellent taste in food. Last time he was here he turned me on to the best soul food in the Los Angeles area (what was the name of that place, G?), and this time he topped even that. Greg rolls up in a Mustang convertible carting a little treat for my roommate and me- Pinkberry.


Let's imagine for a moment that you had one of those machines from Star Trek- the one that will create for you instantly whatever food that you desire. Now let's imagine that on a hot Los Angeles afternoon like the one described above you went to this machine with no real idea what you wanted to eat, and said, "Machine, make me the perfect summertime snack. Make it cool, fruity, refreshing... oh, and just for shits and giggles, make it healthy and non fattening." That machine would no doubt produce for you a pinkberry bowl. Think frozen yogurt- and I mean actual frozen yogurt- not that ice cream alternative shite they try to pass off as yogurt at TCBY- then add fresh fruit and coconut shavings. Sounds simple, but you can't really understand how profound it is until you taste that sharp tangy yogurty goodness mixed in with those little crunchy chunks of frozen fruit and chewy coconut. So good.

This stuff is the next level. Really. I wouldn't lie to you. I feel bad blogging about it, since as far as I understand the only Pinkberry currently in existence is here in West Hollywood. BUT- this stuff is gonna take off big, and when it does SF will no doubt get their own Pinkberry. Just remember, you heard it here first.

GTG- always on the vanguard with the latest in snack technology.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home