Monday, January 23, 2006

Pie in the Sky

Hot damn, today is National Pie Day! Seriously! Just ask the American Pie Council if you don't believe me. The site features several ways in which to celebrate National Pie Day. My favorite? "Do pie stuff. Sing pie songs, read pie books, quote pie poems, make pie charts." To help you with your Pie Day celebrations, here are lyrics to some pie songs:

Pie in the Sky, which claims to be "the most comprehensive song ever written about pie."
Slice of Your Pie by Motley Crue
American Pie
Cherry Pie by Warrant
Wild Honey Pie by the Beatles


Some pie poems for you to enjoy:

Alligator Pie
Poetry Pie
Make the Pie Higher! by none other than Dubya.



And finally, a pie chart for you to study while you enjoy a delicious slice of pie. Or, as my mother would say, "Cuppa coffee and a piece-a pah."





I'm sure Jess will be heading to House of Pies, our favorite LA institution, for dinner tonight if she knows what's good for her (and she does). The rest of you, get thee to your local bakery asap and bring a pie home for dessert tonight. Or better yet, get two - one for dinner and one for dessert.


(Big ups to Ding Dong for the heads up on National Pie Day).

3 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Damn right I'm going to HOP for dinner tonight. I'll be having the country fried steak and gravy for dinner, and then a big ole piece of chocolate cream pie for dessert. That, my dears, is how I roll.

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My personal fav pie song:
Pecan Pie -- Golden Smog

Better late pie than no pie...

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out this little ditty about pieholes (not a dirty ditty):

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/piehole.php

 

Post a Comment

<< Home