Thursday, January 12, 2006

It's like an alarm clock.

Ok, so I know Bubb Rubb is ancient history in the world of teh interweb, but even now it's still bringing joy to people, namely my bro out in D.C., who just discovered it and sent me a link this week. I watched the original KRON-4 video again for old time's sake, and sure enough, the shit is still funny as hell. In case you didn't know, dude has his own website now (or, more likely, someone is running a website in his name), complete with a Cafe Press store.

Whistle tips must have gone out of style right quick, cuz by the time I moved to West Oakland, nobody had them. I've never heard one in our neighborhood in the year and a half I've lived there. Still lots of spinners though, the best of which is on a crappy old van...I guess the owner of the van couldn't afford to get spinners for all of their wheels, so they only got one and put it on the spare tire on the back of the car where, duh, it doesn't spin.


And in totally unrelated news, I was sitting on Fritz's & Chad's stoop last Saturday afternoon when out of the blue, a couple of Tung's old friends from New Orleans, Michelle and her son Jack, walked by. I met them a couple years ago, and if you were at the BTx vs. FnF campout in Willits two summers ago, you probably met them too. They lost everything thanks to Katrina, and have moved to SF permanently.

Michelle an incredible photographer (you can see a small sample of her work here as well as her awesome self-portrait here), so I'm going to try to hook her up with Eiming at 111 Minna so maybe she could do a show and sell some work. We all have so many resources here and she has nothing but Jack (which is a pretty big score, admittedly) - I figure the least I can do is use my connections to try & help her out.

Jack is 7 years old, and is one of the coolest kids I've ever met. On the way to the Willits campout, he came up with this cute little thought, which happens to be a perfect haiku:


I wish I was a
Shark, so I could swim up to
The moon and eat it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home