Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I'll Be Stoned for Christmas

That's the title of a song I heard the other day on the all xmas, all the time, XM radio station I've been listening to in my car for the last couple weeks. I admit it - I love xmas songs. Especially when they involve gettin' tore up.

I love xmas trees too, but since I'm always in Texas visiting my parents for the holidays, I never bother getting one. Not so for one Miz Jones, whose lovely picture is on SFGate, along with her cutie-pants bebe. Notice how the photog conveniently positioned Daddy Zach behind the tree. Nice one. (And thanks to Feinberg for the link). Speaking of xmas trees, Tung tells me there's a totally acid tree at Pier 39, with blue LED's and strobe lights. I haven't seen it, but it sounds like it's worth checking out, whether you traditionally eat acid for xmas or not.

The hardest part about xmas for me is usually finding something cool to get my Dad. Like most dads, he doesn't ask for much, always claiming that seeing my brother and me is the best present. But he's awesome, and very generous, so I always want to get him something great that will really knock him on his ass. But what? Socks? A tie? Not gonna cut it.

Finally this year he came up with some surprises on his list, and they're so cool, I want them too! Check this shit out - a Darth Vader helmet made from the original studio molds! Unfortunately I can't swing the $1,000 price tag, so Dad is getting this as a consolation prize. Obviously I come from a family of Star Wars freaks, I'm not even gonna try to deny that. Cuz the other cool thing my dad asked for (and I now covet) is this voice-activated R2-D2.

And speaking of presents, if you've been scratching your head (or your crotch) wondering what on earth you're going to get Laird and Smoove this year, look no further. (Thanks to B-b-brian for the link).

7 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As much as I appreciate you dropping a note about the family, the guy behind the tree isn't me. Its Megan's cousin Jospeph.

--zaxxon

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Get back in your tree, Zach.

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since when does Megan live in Larkspur? Is she not proud of her El Cerrito roots? Whaaaaa?

 
At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She doesn't live in el cerrito either, smarty.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger stefbot said...

Albany? Albania?

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Richmond. Same as Del tha Funky Homosapien.

 
At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously some people don't really know the area where she lives. Her address may say richmond but it is totally El Cerrito. Duh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home