Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Da Bears

Just saw this joke on the Chicago Tribune site and thought I'd share:

Peyton Manning, after living a full life, died.

When he got to heaven, God was showing him around.

They came to a modest little house with a faded Colts flag in the window. "This house is yours for eternity, Peyton," said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here."

Peyton felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house. On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a 3-story mansion with a blue and orange sidewalk, a 50-foot tall flagpole with an enormous Bears logo flag, and in every window, a Chicago Bears towel.

Peyton looked at God and said, "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I have a question. I was an all-pro QB, I hold many NFL records, and I even went to the Hall of Fame."

God said, "So what's your point, Peyton?"

"Well, why does Rex Grossman get a better house than me?"

God chuckled, and said: "Peyton, that's not Rex's house, it's mine."

4 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not everyone gets a house in heaven? WTF? There's a housing shortage there, too? Damn, in NYC the only way to get a good rent-controlled apt is to wait for somebody's grandma to die. I'm betting that doesn't work in heaven.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Jess said...

I don't think you need to worry about what people do or don't have in Heaven, Jeffro. If you catch my drift.

You see what I did there? I insinuated that you won't be going to Heaven. Because your behavior doesn't warrant rewards in the afterlife. Oh, snap.

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a clear case of guilty by association

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger stefbot said...

All Bears fans go to heaven.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home