Thursday, September 21, 2006

Wicked


I love music. I love writing. I hate writing about music. I'm a firm believer in the adage "writing about music is like dancing about politics." Ok, I don't even know if that is an adage, but if it's not, it should be.

Not to mention the fact that music writing for the most part is pretentious and boring. So rather than add my own blend of smarm to an already dubious journalistic genre, let me just say that I am so freakin glad to see a return to the devil horns in the air, tease your bangs and cruise the strip in your cousin's Firebird, good old fashioned lightening up your arse Arena Rock. Not since the days of Judas Priest, Black Sabbath and Queen has the world seen the likes of these little freaks. Do yourself a favor. Put on your headphones, turn up the volume, and check out Wolfmother. As soon as the whiplash heals from that sesh, cruise over to Muse. Then, just for good measure, getcha some The Mars Volta. Better than a high colonic, trust.

6 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iron F*cking Maiden!!

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of us never put our devil-horns down. Well, except during the power-ballads when we raise our cell phones in the air instead.

"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture." -- Steve Martin (often incorrectly attributed to Frank Zappa).


"My belt holds my pants up, but the belt loops hold my belt up. I don't really know what's happening down there. Who is the real hero?"
-- Mitch Hedberg

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger G said...

devil horns? thats what they're called? i've been calling it the shocker all this time.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Thanks for the correction, Jeffro. Although I think dancing about architecture would be kinda cool, so I think I'll stick with the dancing about politics as the more appropriate analogy in this case. Cause politically inspired interpretive dance sucks ass.

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

G - the shocker also involves the thumb - very key component. Check out this link ( and the rest of them at this link are pretty damn funny as well).

http://postroad.com/iconsex/

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger kikitv said...

Nashville is SSSSOOOOOOO down with the horns, yo. PS Jess..my sympathies for the loss of yr ride and yr tunes, and whatever else was in the thing, and I'm so glad you weren't hurt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home