Thursday, August 31, 2006

I and I am born again.

Wow. Slow week. All my friends are off setting fires in the desert, and my inbox is a wasteland. As tempting as it is to hide my head under a virtual rock and just wait out the dry spell, I did realize today that I have neglected to even make passing mention to a pretty exciting development in the worlds of my two favorite Rs: Reggae and Radiohead: Radiodread.

I've actually known about the album for quite some time (ever since I heard one of the tracks a while back and was completely underwhelmed) but the more I heard about it the more my curiosity was piqued, so I decided to check it out.

I'm not one to get my hopes up. I've learned, especially after that awful bluegrass Radiohead cover tribute that Jeffro sent around a while ago ("10-4- copy that- God loves his children"... *shudder*), and the even worse Willie Nelson reggae album of last year, that a favorite artist plus a favorite genre does not a slice of fried gold make. But I must admit that I was pleasantly-- well ok-- at least not terribly disappointed. It's not bad, and some tracks work quite well. Anyway, there are worse ways to pass a Thursday afternoon while strapped to a desk.

Oh, and in other Radiohead news, the Bonnaroo set will soon be released on DVD. Good stuff.

2 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

playa hatas unite...

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Dyslexics untie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home