Friday, August 04, 2006

Gooooood boy

I don't know why, but I just love this article about Barney the guard dog going ape-shit in a children's toy museum chock full of rare & expensive teddy bears.

Who's the wizard who came up with the idea of using a doberman to guard these fuzzy toys? Have you ever seen how much dogs love to tear stuffed animals to pieces? I have. They freakin' love it. Windy amasses mountains of stuffed toys (stolen from her buddy Pickle of course) "kills" them by violently shaking them in her mouth, and then rips holes in them and pull out all the stuffing. That is what dogs do.


I also love the lesson here on value. Like these "toys" were worth a ton of money, but what's the value of a toy no one can play with? I'd say not much. For Barney, on the other hand, those toys were worth a giant pile of treats. Looks like he had an absolute blast.

Good boy, Barney, good boy.

8 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Fuckin bear was asking for it.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger stefbot said...

I hope Stephen Colbert picks up on this story. He totally hates bears.

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet the owners were embearrassaed.

T. Bearinger

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It just must of been unbearable for that poor dog. I wonder if Evis's bear kept singing, "You ain't nothin' but a hound dog" to torment the doberman.
tb

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

god, i can not spell! i'm done. is it bear thirty yet?

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe GTG needs a big board like Colbert? I think Mr. Bearinger here may need to go "on notice".

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger stefbot said...

We'll come up with some suitable pun-ishment for Mr. Bearinger.

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys, just bear with me..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home