Friday, October 07, 2005

Go south, young lady


So, the first thing everyone has been saying to me when they hear that I'm moving to Los Angeles is, "why?"

Well, let me break it down for you.

Some of the reasons why I'm moving to LA:

1- People are sooo generous in LA. In fact, a young single woman can get almost anything for free there: housing, concert tickets, even spa services. My days of paying for things are donzo, bra!

2- I can use words like "donzo" and "bra" unironically.

3- Because the other day in Golden Gate Park I actually said, "those pants look really good with that dress" with a straight face.

4- Cause of all the cute skaters in Venice Beach.

But c'mon, you know I'm an SF girl at heart. I'll be back someday. With a wicked tan. And a really cute pair of pants on under my dress.

5 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Yeah, I totally understand the pants under the dress thing- in SF it's just necessary cuz it's too damn cold to have your legs out there without some kind of cover.

But when you start to think that look is normal, or even stylie, it's time to get out of SF for a while!

As for burner- chic, I'll have to report back on whether or not there is the same furbie meets the lone ranger style epidemic down south.

I imagine there are plenty of fashion faux pas to make fun of down there though. Bring on the tube tops and spandex!

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger stefbot said...

My name is Jess and I like trance,
I wear my skirt over my pants.

You'll be back by 2006, I gare-oun-tee.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger stefbot said...

Can you really say you're moving when you're only planning to sublet for a month or maybe two? Or are you actually moving? Facts! I demand facts!

On a different note, you know how you have to type in the weird wavy letters in the box below your comment so you can prove you're not a spambot? Well the one I have right now says "njcatkfr," and I would just like to note that if two of those letters were switched around it would say "New Jersey cat fucker." Maybe that's god's way of saying I should move to New Jersey... Naaah.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Jess said...

The sublet is only until I can find my own place at the beyotch. I mean, beach. If all goes well finding a place I will likely move in on December 1. I hope to give LA at least a real fighting chance- most people are miserable in a new place for the first few months before they know anyone. If I still hate it in 6 months to a year, I'll come back to SF.

I think mostly I just need a new adventure. And one that doesn't involve getting tons of shots and putting my whole life on hold for 6 months this time.

 
At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I come?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home