Tuesday, September 27, 2005

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday."

Since my last post was pretty heavy, I'm gonna lighten it up a bit with a funny moment that just happened at lunch. Well, it's only funny if you know the Barringer Brothers, but I think most of the people who read this blog do.

OK, so I'm telling B-b-b-brian and Pablo this story (originally told to me by Ding Dong) about Ross getting slapped in the face for telling a girl she looked like Slash (nice form there, Ross), and how Ross and Ding Dong together on a bender would equal major trouble. Pablo looks ponderous for a second, and then says thoughtfully, "Hm. I like Todd," as if he were telling us which is his favorite Ghostbuster. As if one had to choose.

Brian and I just bust out laughing, but Pablo, still pensive, adds, "He's like Eeyore." And I realize, damn, he's got a point there. Todd is totally Eeyore, and Ross is Tigger...both equally essential and loved inhabitants of the 100 Acre Wood. Maybe this was common knowledge already, but it just struck me as a cute thought.

6 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Hmmmm, favorite Barringer...that's a tough one. I mean, on the one hand, Ross can open beer bottles with his teeth... but on the other hand, Todd is really tall. I think if I had to choose I would go with the Barringer sister. Even though I've never met her, any lass who could survive growing up with those two brothers must be either really tough or really wild. Either way, props. Plus her name's Daisy, and how cool is that?

 
At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to clarify, it was Axle not Slash and the slap was really a bottle of water on my head. I know I'm splitting hairs here but I thought the truth should be known. Another truth, I didn't get laid that night, go figure....(Tigger needs some help with the ladies.)

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess, daisy is tough and absolutely nuts. You can read her blog (http://www.oopsiedaisee.blogspot.com/) where she writes about football, celebrity gossip, getting drunk and of course our mom’s vibrator. daisy’s memoir is forthcoming.

And comparing Ross to Tigger is very apt. Growing up, every meal Ross managed to spill or knock something over. He had real trouble staying in his chair and would often fall out simply because he was laughing so hard. Ross had a plethora of party tricks even back then, the best one was probably his ability to put his entire fist in his mouth. Life with a little Ross/Tigger around was never boring.

As for being compared to Eeyore, well, at first I wasn’t too happy. Eeyore is definitely the downer in the Pooh posse. But I see what Pablo was saying. I can be a little melancholy at times, perhaps a tad morose. And I’m not a big talker. But don’t be fooled. Despite the fact that I keep losing my tail and that my house keeps falling down, I’m happy in my little pasture. I’ve got some good friends in the 100 acres and a couple of other barringers I can always count on to make me smile. Life could be worse.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger stefbot said...

i wouldn't be too bummed about being compared to eeyore. i think eeyore is most people's favorite pooh character, because everyone can connect with feeling like an outsider sometimes. plus the ladies love eeyore, because he's the sensitive, compassionate one. unlike tigger, who's always comparing the ladies to members of guns n' roses and breaking their legs and stuff. (just kidding ross - the ladies love tigger too).

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a huge crush on todd. is he dating his ex-girlfriend again or is he single?

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Wait wait wait, it's all coming back now, wasn't that ME you compared to Axl? Jesus Christ. Just because I have red hair and had a scarf on my head at the time...I was a pirate wench, goddammit, a WENCH!!

Funny thing was I was talking to someone less than an hour earlier and remember saying that the first person who compared me to Axl Rose was gonna get smacked upside the head. Enter Ross...

(Incidently, Eeyore was always my favorite Pooh character. But it had nothing to do with Tigger comparing me to members of GnR.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home