Wednesday, August 17, 2005

You're so pretty when you're on your knees...

...disinfected and eager to please.

Ok, I know that saying Radiohead is brilliant is about as cutting edge as saying golden retriever puppies are cute. I don't care. They are hands down the only band that still has the power after all these years to move me on a fundamental level every single time I hear them, and that's worth mentioning once in a while. And, as evidenced above, they have the sexiest damn lyrics in the world. Period. Of course, Thom Yorke could probably sing about getting the runs from some cheap Indian takeaway and make it sound sexy.


But this post isn't about Radiohead. It is about Stanley Donwood, who has done most of the cover art for the band, and his (minimalist but terribly polite) website, where you can now buy his autographed prints (via Boingboing). You can also get some of his written works there, which after a quick perusal look pretty damn interesting. (Looking forward to reading My Giro.) His stuff is also now posted on Banksy's site, who we all know and love. Xeni Jardin has also posted the transcript of an interview he did with Donwood. Check it out.

And in case you were wondering how Megs J. spends her time now that she's stayin home with baby full time, now you know. Love you Megs. That's seriously weird.

In the same vein, altho less freakish, is this guy's site. Which is one of the coolest ones I've seen. He's like your stoner friend that just kind of hangs out and occasionally sings to you. Don't judge. I get lonely. (I would tell you where I came across this site, but I don't remember, so don't yell at me you freakin blog nazis- yeah, you know who you are.)

K, that's all for now. Gotta go do my wiggle.

2 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thom York's blog.

Caution: You're about to enter a No Coherence Zone.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Jess said...

You don't have to be coherent when you're brilliant. Even if you're not making any sense, people will just assume it's because you're artistic and pretend to know what you're talking about so that they don't seem dull. Must be loads of fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home