Saturday, March 15, 2008

Lost Point


Remember when Lost Boys came out? I do. It was 1987. I was 12 years old. And I wanted to be a lost boy. In particular, I wanted to be Jami Gertz. I wanted to ride on the back of Keifer Sutherland's Triumph motorcycle and be a tragic heroine- half vampire, half waif. I wanted to sleep all day. Party all night. Never grow old. Never die. Hey, what do you want from me? I was 12. Not a whole lot of interesting stuff to occupy one's mind at that age when you're stuck in rural North Carolina, stealing booze from your dad's liquor cabinet and smoking banana leaves to get high.

I even loved the soundtrack. What was not to love? Roger Daltry's version of Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me, Echo and the Bunnyman's version of People are Strange? 2 tracks by that new band INXS? C'mon!!

I first heard about the fact that they were making a "crappy sequel" to Lost Boys through this really embarrassing reality moment between 2 Coreys. Wow. How far the mighty have fallen, right? Well at least Feldman is sticking to his guns. Honoring his brother in an act of supreme solidarity. When faced with the fact that he, but not his partner in all things Corey, was being asked to participate, he responded with a firm "there's no f-ing way I'm doing it without you."

Oh. Weird. Cuz this new trailer seems to feature one Edgar Frog pretty predominantly. One other thing you may notice about the trailer- it's pretty much Point Break (complete with a leader that's the spitting image of Swayze's Bodhi). Except that instead of bank robbers, the surfers are, well, you see where this is going. All it needs is for Edgar Frog to jump out and do his best "I AM A VAMPIRE HUNTER" ala Mr. Reeves himself. Oh wait, check.

Yeah, I give them mad props for bringing back the original "Cry Little Sister" theme, but I think I'm gonna just wait and see the live theatrical version that's sure to follow.

Ooh, speaking of which... anyone wanna play a little 6 degrees of degredation? Alex Winter, who made his feature film debut in Lost Boys, went on to star in a little movie called Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. I love it when things come full circle like that.

1 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Hellpop said...

Doche-Chill!

OH, how the conceded have fallen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLRK-XP_GLE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home