Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Humpdump

I promise that I will be back to a regular posting schedule after the move to LA LA Land. In the meantime, some links for your rainy Wednesday enjoyment:


"What a bloody stupid design. What's the point of it being designed like that, if you can't even put your drink on it?" link. I feel your pain, Kate. I've been searching for a Rane mixer with a built in drink holder for years. The technology just hasn't caught up with visionaries like ourselves.



I can't believe I wasn't even consulted in the writing of this article. (via Jeffro) Wouldn't even be an issue if they would just freeze dry the fuckers straight away. Like Cassandra, no one ever listens to me until it's too late.



Just in time for his visit to San Fran, Diplo releases a Fabric CD. "This is a fast paced, funk fuelled ride through the badlands of hip hop, dubstep, electro, rock and techno sounds." (My favorite part? He calls it "a Fabric mixtape")

Just a sample from the track list, and yes he is, of course, mixing all of these flawlessly:

The Cure, Love Song ->Outkast, B.O.B. -> Le Tigre, Deceptacon -> DJ Nasty, Hurricane -> DJ Deeon, Freaks -> Turbulence, Notorious -> Cat Power, Free

Sigh. So dreamy...

And last but not least, check out the photography of Chris Jordan:


Exploring around our country’s shipping ports and industrial yards, where the accumulated detritus of our consumption is exposed to view like eroded layers in the Grand Canyon, I find evidence of a slow-motion apocalypse in progress. I am appalled by these scenes, and yet also drawn into them with awe and fascination. The immense scale of our consumption can appear desolate, macabre, oddly comical and ironic, and even darkly beautiful; for me its consistent feature is a staggering complexity.
(via Colin)

Until next time...

2 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG safe travels 2 u jessersaurus

s:b

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Aw. Thanks, Sound:boy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home