Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Angels in America

San Francisco to be exact. This weekend I make my triumphant return for the kick off of the monthly Angels of bAss joint Heaven (no seriously, it will be pretty triumphant if I manage to make it all the way up there, since Lil Dub has decided to bust yet another leak in protest of my daily mistreatment of him on the hell's highway that is the 110).

Angels of bAss, for those of you who are unfamiliar, is the collective formed by Viajay, J9, Tamo and myself after we played together at Snowcamp one year. We've been a bit dormant since then, only coming out to play together at the Garage Mahal fundraiser last year. Not so any longer, as the fourth Saturday of every month will see us blessing (or cursing, depending on our moods) the hallowed halls of Shine (Mission @ 9th). While I'll only be able to join in the fun every once in a while, I will be present and accounted for this Saturday February 25. We'll be playing extra long sets this month (I'm on from 11:20- 12:40), so it's a good thing I went record shopping this week! Here's the flyer.

And in honor of the occasion I leave you with some of my favorite angel quotes:

And I admit that I ain't no angel
I admit that I ain't no saint...
But If I exorcise my devils
Well my angels may leave too
When they leave they're so hard to find
-- Tom Waits, Please Call Me Baby

If you had not a-fallen
then I would not have found you,
Angel flying too close to the ground.
-- Willie, Angel Flying too Close to the Ground

I call up my friend, the good angel
But she's out with her answerphone
She says she would love to come help but
The sea would electrocute us all
-- Radiohead, Nice Dream

PS-- Here's Viajay's trumpet call w/ details:

Here ye here ye:

The time has come for the eternally-awaited soar-off of the Angels of bAss monthly at Shine--HEAVEN! I mean, who doesn't want to experience a bit of heaven on earth right? And to boost, visualize...fluffy clouds, silky robes, dreamy harps, with your raucous bass bass bass bass! Get a dose of divine breakz & thumpin' house, from here on out every 4th Saturday, bought to you by the HEAVEN residents: j9, Jess Stockton, Tamo and ViaJay.

Where: Shine, 1337 Mission Street
When: Launch on 2/25/06; 10:00-2:00
What else?: $5 entry into pearly gates or here's how you can help create our heavenly vision worth fanning your wings for: Dress up angelic and get in free! And for a bit of balance, we'll let all you horned & forked devils in free too. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home